CARE OF LARYNGOSCOPE
1. Wipe off saliva from the blade of the laryngoscope using a dry piece of clean gauze
2. Detach the blade and immerse it in a 2% glutaraldehyde solution for 20 — 30 minutes
3. Remove the blade from the laryngoscope and store in a leather bag in a trolley
CARE OF GLASSWARE
The commonly used glassware in hospitals are ounce glasses, drainage bottles, suction bottles etc. following points must be considered for effective handling of glassware
· When buying glassware, select hard glass i.e. resistant to heat and mechanical shocks
· Exposing the glass to sudden variation of temperature may cause cracksWhen sending the glassware for boiling or autoclaving, they should be adequately padded to prevent breaking by rubbing with hard surface.