Namaskara! Here we are going to learn basic principles of Kannada Speaking.
- Most of the Kannada words are derived from the ancient language samskritam and other words are adopted from some different languages .
- Kannada sentences are not formed on the basis of English sentence formation Eg. if in English we want to say 'Ram eats mango' (Subject then verb and then object) but in Kannada it will not be . We need to put first subject and object and then verb as (Ram mango eats ) So sentence formation in Kannda is like the other Indian languages ,therefore if you know any other Indian language grammar, we recommend to use that in sentence formation. It will be easy for you to form the sentences .
- For your help we will be giving you some example sentences to form the Kannada sentences and use it in your daily life
- If we want to give respect to the other person then we will use the words and verbs those are generally used for addressing the plural subjects . example -if I want to say anyone 'please do 'so I will say 'maaDi' but not 'MaaDu' because it is used for single person and considered as less respectful. Other example- To say 'Stop' I will use 'Nilli' instead of 'Nillu' because Nilli is considered as respectful no matter you are addressing one person or many but not 'Nillu' . Hence better to use the verbs for plural subjects.😎
- Most of the time, to make plural of word add suffix 'gaLu' Eg.- meenu -(fish)🐟 ;meenugaLu (fishes)🐟🐟🐟