· The midwife has a unique role in care of mothers and babies.
· To give the necessary supervision, care and advice to women during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period.
· To conduct deliveries on her own responsibility and to care for the mother and the newborn.
· To promote normal birth and detect complications in mother and child, access to medical or other appropriate assistance and the carry out emergency measures.
· To involve in health counseling and education, not only for the woman, but also within the family and community.
· To involve antenatal education and preparation for parenthood.
· To promote women’s health, sexual or reproductive health and childcare.
Role of Nurse
· During Antenatal period
· During Postnatal period
· During Intranatal period
Role During Antenatal Period
Role During Intranatal Period
Role During Postnatal period
Education of pregnant women
Identification of high-risk mother
Referral of high-risk mother
Training of students
Supervision of coworker’s
Assurance and comfort to the patient
Abdominal and Vaginal examination
Provision of emergency treatment
Detect health problem at early stage
Promote rapid restoration
Family planning education
Health education to mother and family