Procedures In Urinary Elimination
Provide a means for elimination for clients who are confined to bed or unable to get to the bathroom or bedside commode independently or safely
· Assess the condition of the patient
· A man voids more easily in the standing position. If the man cannot reach toilet facilities, have him stand at the bedside and void into the urinal (a metal or plastic)
· At times it is necessary for one or more nurses to help a man stand
If the patient cannot move out of the bed:
· Provide Privacy.
· Place the mackintosh with towel under the client’s hip.
· Wear gloves.
· Expose perineal area.
· Place the penis inside the urinal and ask the patient to void
If metal urinal warm by pouring warm water.
Urine should not allow to be left standing for a long time because a deposit will form on the inside. which is almost impossible to remove.