· Birth rate: The number of births per 1,000 population.
· Fetal death rate: The number of fetal deaths (over 500 g) per 1,000 live births.
· Infant Mortality Rate: The number of deaths per 1,000 live births occurring at birth or in the first 12 months of life.
· Neonatal death rate: The number of deaths per 1,000 live births occurring at birth or in the first 28 days of life.
· Still birth: A stillbirth is the birth of a newborn after 28th completed week (weighing 1000 g or more) when the baby does not breathe or show any sign of life after delivery.
· Stillbirths rate is the number of such deaths per 1000 total births (live and still birth).
· Childhood Mortality Rate: The number of deaths per 1,000 population in children, I to 14 years of age.
· Fertility rate: The number of pregnancies per 1000 women of childbearing age.
· Maternal Death:Death of a woman while pregnant or within 42 days of the termination of pregnancy irrespective of the duration and site of pregnancy, from any cause related to or aggravated by the pregnancy or its management but not from accidental or incidental causes.
· Maternal Mortality Rate: The number of maternal deaths per 100,000 live births that occur as a direct result of the reproductive process.