Housekeeping services in a hospital are entrusted with maintaining a hygienic and clean hospital environment conducive to patient care
The purpose Of housekeeping is to create an environment for the patient that is comfortable.
pleasant and hygienic. Well managed housekeeping reduces the
cost of hospital operation
General Instructions to be kept in mind in good hospital housekeeping
· Damp dusting is better than dry dusting as dust easily flies outing to the atmosphere. Dusting should be done firmly. Use brush when cleaning grooved surface
Avoid collection of
water in any surface as it may be a favorable place for the growth of
· Wherever possible provide maximum exposure to sunlight which destroys growth of bacteria
· Article} should be stored and arranged in proper and clean place, so that it can be conveniently located.
· Friction aids in cleaning. Soap and water are used for cleaning. Do not use rough and abrasive material over painted and polished surfaces
· Disinfection depends upon correct concentration and duration of exposure.